Friday 18 May 2007

hello everybody

Robin and I weren't very enthusiastic about joining this at first as we think we already spend too much time at the computer, but having read some of the contributions so far I think it could be a useful vehicle for discussion.

Not everyone is able to be at church meetings and those who do don't always feel able to voice their opinions. Also, it's good to carry on the discussion afterwards.

I only discovered the blog on the church website by chance, so presumably a lot of other people don't know it's available to look at even if, like me, they didn't want to take part.

I've never blogged before so I'm just experimenting here to see how it works!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Hi Lorna
Great to have you here - I also spend far too much on the computer but such is life these days. I'll have to think about "advertising" the blog - if anyone has any suggestions...
You also make a valid and useful point about reporting on church meetings for those not there and continuing discussions. It's very early days for the blog and it'll be interesting to see what direction it takes.

Hazel said...

It's good to see you here, Lorna. I'm actually spending less time at the computer now (but not by choice!)

Karen said...

Hi Lorna and Robin,
I do so agree!
Yes, it's a useful means for enabling discussion, but I still like chatting to face to face as well. At least you don't need a password for that...yet!
As for advertising the blog - what about the screens at the end of a service to encourage further prayer and discussion, or maybe the purple sheet thingy?

Michelle said...

Hi Lorna, Hey Karen I think that is a brilliant idea for advertising this blog and other things that need to get the church family's attention. How would one go about doing that?

Liz said...

Hi all

Great idea - Roy does the screens and the purple bulletin - I'll ask him advertising and invite him again to join the blog