Sunday 22 July 2007

Scripture meme

Jonathan and Simon have both posted (admittedly a while back) a verse or story of Scripture which is important to them, which they find themselves re-visiting time after time.

They make for really interesting reading and it set me thinking about what Bible verses have particular meaning for me. Loads, I'm afraid, and it's hard to pick one. However that's a bit of a cop out so I'd have to say a verse that has strengthened me, particularly at difficult times is Isaiah 40:31
'...but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength,
they shall mount up with wings like eagles,
they shall run and not be weary,
they shall walk and not faint.'

It's a reminder to me to be patient and to trust in the One who is unchanging and to draw on his divine strength for everything - usually easier said than done!

Anyway the way is works is this, I tag you lot, that's Linda, Karen, Phil, pixie, Hazel, Mike, Bob, Ruth and David, Anthony, Roy, Lorna, Dave and Michelle and anyone else who reads this - to do the same...

I therefore look forward to reading your posts about a verse or story which has particular meaning to you!

4 comments:

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing, Liz. I'll definitely be back to post something about a special verse (as you say, there are so many of them ...) - I think I know which one I'll go for.

Roy said...

Philippians Chapter 1 verses 5&6 Basically God hasn't finished working on us yet. A real encouragement when things get a bit tough.

Lorna said...

Isaiah 54:10 'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken'

As I look back, it's a reminder of God's faithfulness at all times and in all circumstances, it's encouragement and confirmation that God is with me in my present situation, and a promise and assurance that he will be with me whatever the future may hold.

Where can I find Simon and Jonathan's favourite verses?

Liz said...

Thanks Lorna - these are great to read. If you click on the links on the right hand side of the blog, that'll bring up their blogs. You might have to go back a bit to find them but they're there...