Monday 21 January 2008

Church Family Meeting

While it's fresh in my mind, I thought I'd share a bit of what happened at the church meeting for those who couldn't make it on Sunday. Simon's already posted his thoughts here

It was really well attended with around 120 people staying to lunch and the meeting. Thanks to Gill, Caroline and the team for a fab lunch.

It was an AGM so Nick gave a membership report and there are now five new members which is great. In Bob's absence, Dave gave a summary of the annual finance report which was accepted. You can email Bob if you'd like a copy. There is also a new finance team in place headed by Iozeph who will be taking over from Bob - a huge thank you to him for all his amazing hard work.

The covenant was agreed by a majority and when I get the chance I'll post it here and on the website. If you can't wait then I know there are a few copies in the church office. This covenant will be signed annually at Pentecost but this year it will be at Easter. Please chat to any of the ministry team or leaders if you want to know more. Throughout February and March the process will be explained to those not at the meeting and it was made clear that no-one will be taken off the membership list if they are already members.

Also nine new leaders were co-opted all with specific areas of responsibilities.

Oh and while we're without a church administrator, I'll be taking on some of that role so please contact me if you need to and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction. It is hoped there will be an admin team along the same lines as the finance team so please if you're interested let me or one of the leaders know. Can't tell you how welcome you'd be made to feel...

And if that wasn't enough from February there'll be a new evening programme - watch this space for details.

Thanks very much to Glenis and her team for looking after the children who had a great time.

Minutes will be available in the church office in due course.

No comments: