Friday 15 June 2007

can you help?

Anthony commented a while back about asking for help.

I know this is not quite the same thing but I'm going to stick my neck out and share something which I have been struggling with and maybe you guys could help me.

I need help with my theology study because I study at home alone (aahhh!) and sometimes I'd love to have other people's input. For example, my next assignment involves a theological reflection based on an issue in our local church.

Simon has a fantastic example of one going on over at his blog at the moment on discipleship, membership and baptism. Check it out if you haven't done so already because it has its roots in what is happening at Bromley Baptist and involves what was addressed at the conference.

The hardest part for me is deciding what issue to write it on. I had thought of basing it on the membership issue but I've only got 1500 words, which isn't a lot and if you read Simon's posts/comments you'll see what a massive topic it is.

It occurred to me that some of you might have some ideas about an issue facing our church that it might be useful for me (and hopefully you) to work through using our collective experiences and Scripture with a view to looking at it through God's eyes.

I'd love to hear any suggestions...

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

How about something on how we cultivate a culture of volunteerism?

Liz said...

Thank you for responding, much appreciated.